eFiling rejections continue to plague legal professionals, potentially causing missed statutory deadlines or jeopardized cases.
There are several common reasons court eFiling rejections occur:
- Party’s name does not match the name listed on the initial lead document
- Incorrect case type has been selected
- Incorrect document type has been selected
- Wrong case number has been listed somewhere on the filing
- Wrong court location has been selected
- Issues with the filing itself, like uploading the wrong filing, submitting the filing in the wrong format, having the wrong name on the saved filing, improper scanning, or not including the required attachments.
So, it’s probably not surprising that eFiling rejection rates hover between 10-15%, depending on the court. That equates to 1 – 1.5 out of 10 court eFilings being rejected! What can be done?
To minimize eFiling rejections, we created two solutions – Expert Review and Concierge Service.
What is Expert Review?
Expert Review is a $35 service add-on for eFiling orders that customers can select to enhance court acceptance and to provide extra peace of mind. With this service, a Document Specialist team member will intercept your eFiling before it’s sent to the court and verify the following:
1) Accuracy Check: Verify the case number, parties, signatures, dates, court location, case type and document type.
2) Electronic Assembly: Verify the font style, searchable text, pagination, file size, layout and scan readability.
3) Jurisdictional Requirements: Confirm the filing contains locally required information such as bookmarks and mandated forms
What is Concierge Service?
Just like a hotel concierge that is hired to book a restaurant reservation or purchase show tickets on behalf of their customers – our concierge service operates very similarly. If you don’t have the time or you want to ensure your service is done correctly, you can hire us to perform our Concierge Service for you.
“…I reached out to them and used the concierge service where they have someone in their office look at the documents and say ‘this is ok, this you might want to change’, various issues like that. I forget what the fee was but we were more than happy to pay it rather than having things continually rejected…and they took care of it…it was wonderful…” – Rapid Legal Law Firm Customer
With Concierge Service, you simply upload your documents here and we handle your submission from start to finish:
1) File Assembly: Verify filings basics, physical or electronic assembly
2) Jurisdictional Requirements: Ensure filing contains locally required information such as bookmarks, and mandated forms
3) Service Execution: Complete the order entry in our portal for whatever service you select – electronic or physical filing, service of process, document retrieval, secretary of state filing plus more.
Best of all, our Concierge Service includes built-in Expert Review as part of the service for extra peace of mind.
So the next time you are concerned about court filing rejections, or what court requirements you need to meet (there are state and local county rules to keep in mind), or you’re simply running out of time – remember Rapid Legal has Expert Review and Concierge Service to help you! Let us put our expertise to work for you.
Ready to get started? Click here place your Concierge Service order.
(Please note: Concierge Service is only available to registered account owners. Click here to create an account.)
Want a quick demo first?
Schedule a 15-minute call with a Rapid Legal Account Manager today – we’ll be happy to walk you through how to submit your first Concierge Service or Expert Review request and answer your questions!
About Rapid Legal
For more than 25 years, Rapid Legal has helped to define and transform the legal support services industry with its vision and commitment to customers, the courts, and a party’s right to due process under the law.
Trusted by thousands of law firms, government agencies and companies, Rapid Legal leverages its deep industry and technology expertise, and a best-in-class legal services cloud management platform, LegalConnect®, for delivering premium legal support services including electronic filing of court documents (“eFiling”), physical court filings, and service of process.