4 Ways Law Firms Can Use Social Media To Earn New Clients

Rapid Legal > Tips & Info  > 4 Ways Law Firms Can Use Social Media To Earn New Clients

4 Ways Law Firms Can Use Social Media To Earn New Clients

LinkedIn has long been the social network of choice for lawyers wanting to present a professional image. But many law firms are finding success in the social media world by establishing their brand on multiple channels.


In fact, some data shows that nearly a quarter of lawyers who are using social media confirm they’ve retained a client because of their efforts.


If you want to be among them, take a look at these four easy ways you can put social media to work for you:


#1 – Promote Your Blog


If you don’t yet have a blog for your law firm, there’s no better time to start. The number of legal blogs has been steadily climbing, with just over a quarter of firms actively blogging in 2016.


Your blog can accomplish many goals, from offering information to prospects seeking answers to helping clients find you through online searches. You can promote each blog post on your social media channels, which can ultimately give your website traffic a boost.


If you’re lacking inspiration for your blog, think about different questions your clients ask, then craft articles around those topics. When you can solve a problem, your audience is likely to remember you for it.


#2 – Establish Yourself as a Thought Leader


Your blog and social media channels aren’t just to provide information to your clients. They’re also prime opportunities for you to position yourself as a leader in your field.


Truth be told, people have a multitude of options when it comes to choosing an attorney. They need to know what makes you the best choice. This isn’t to say you should spend all your social media airtime talking about your case win/loss ratio, community awards, or significant achievements.


Rather, you can promote yourself by creating blog posts and other content that solves problems, answers questions, and gives people something to think about.


Showcase your work with other professionals in your area. Talk about industry news, such as new laws that have been passed. Give helpful tips, such as how to avoid court filing rejections. Above all, remember that anything you share or post should hold some significance to your audience, not just your personal agenda.


#3 – Earn Reviews


Client reviews are digital gold when it comes to professional services. People want to know they’re partnering with someone who is committed to their needs.


Social media reviews, such as those found on Facebook, are the online equivalent to word-of-mouth marketing, except these reviews aren’t reserved for the client’s family and friends. Once a user posts a review on your business page, everyone who visits your page can see what others had to say about you.


It’s not unethical to ask satisfied clients to leave a review and share a few words on their experience. Even one bad review isn’t usually enough to dent your reputation, especially if you have plenty of five-star ratings to overpower it.


#4 – Avoid ‘Advertising’ in Your Posts


Your social media business page should be geared for building relationships, not transactions. The more you talk about yourself and the services you offer, the more likely your audience will think you’re hungry for business. This is a huge turnoff for many users.


Instead, spend your time on social media providing helpful, insightful information to your clients. Most companies follow the 80/20 rule, where 80% of the posts revolve around information and the remaining 20% is spent promoting your firm.
If you want to advertise your services, you’re better off using ad-specific features rather than a status update.


For more great tips on growing your legal practice, check out our blog.